Hello and welcome to the second instalment of my cooking section, 'Cooking with Sarah Judith'. This week for my family I cooked 'Caramelised Chicken Cutlets. It was so tasty and the recipe was very easy to follow! I made some roast vegetables to go along with the chicken, and the flavours all together were great. Instead of using chicken cutlets, I used normal chicken breast, which I believed would have tasted just as well as if it was chicken cutlets.
The preparation takes 20 minutes, with 35 minutes of cooking time and serves 4 people, which suits my little family very nicely. No leftovers to store in the fridge for later!
- 2 teaspoons vegetable oil
- 4 chicken thigh cutlets (800g), skin on
- 1 medium red onion (170g), sliced thinly
- 3 cloves garlic, sliced thinly
- ¼ cup (55g) brown sugar
- 1 tablespoon dark soy sauce
- 1 tablespoon fish sauce
- 1/3 cup coarsely chopped fresh coriander
- Preheat oven to 200 degrees Celsius/180 degrees Celsius fan-forced
- Heat oil in large frying pan; cook chicken, both sides, until browned. Place chicken in single layer, in baking dish. Roast chicken, uncovered, in oven, about 25 minutes or until cooked through
- Meanwhile, heat same pan; cook onion and garlic, stirring, until onion softens. Add sugar and sauces; cook, stirring, 3 minutes. Return chicken to pan with coriander; turn chicken to coat in mixture
There you have it people, an easy meal that tastes super great! It'd be perfect for summer, winter, whenever you want! Instead of the roast vegetables, you could even have the meat with a salad, the possibilities are endless.
xx Sarah Judith